The Judge RANTS!
So let's see if I've understood this, OK?
- A large number of senior figures in London's high-finance casinos use people's assets, investments and pensions to gamble on dodgy deals worldwide,
- The disease-ridden pigeons all come home to roost one day in 2008,
- The resulting fiscal 'weather bomb' crashes most of the planet's economies,
- Banks and similar mental institutions are deemed to be 'too big to fail', and are given huge sums of money belonging to the victims in order to keep them in the style to which they had allowed themselves to become accustomed,
- Said inmates then use that money for its intended purpose, namely paying their hyper-inflated salaries and bonuses,
- The crisis provides a ready excuse for ideologically-motivated jackoffs-in-office to slash spending on essential public services, and on the pay of those providing the services, and we are told that the sixth (or seventh, or eighth) richest economy on the planet - and hence one of the richest economies in the history of what we self-deludingly refer to as Civilisation - can't afford pensions high enough to prevent the lucky recipients thereof from being at risk of starvation, hypothermia or (if they're really favoured) both,
- No-one, but no-one who was in any way responsible for all of the above has ever been charged with any offence, let alone convicted or punished, and the so-called 'regulatory authorities' responded - in as much as they could be bothered to respond at all - by doing nothing more than indulging in a series of drive-by tuttings,
- And yet, the 'Financial Conduct Authority' has today banned a man from working in any senior position in the financial sector for the rest of his natural for dodging train fares?
Pardon the journalese, but fuck me to heaven in a bath of champagne!
I'd like to climb out of this rabbit-hole now, please...