All In A Day
So, what happened on the day I entered my fifty-fourth year of wilfully consuming the planet's finite resources?
- After a restless night, I heard my sister-in-law trying to deliver my birthday cake via the front door, which had the chain on. She had to go round the back.
- I got up a little bit after that and pottered around until noon, when I made myself a bacon butty (and for a small rhapsody on that subject, I refer the reader to this encomium)
- I then spent the afternoon in a burst of calisthenic weeding of the border along the side of the house and the path, which I can do now that all the bluebells have died off. Enjoyed a brief chat with my elder nephew who came to deliver his and his wife's birthday card (that's my birthday, of course, not theirs)
- Had tea. Nothing flash; just half a quiche with salad, but followed by strawberries and ice-cream.
- Had nap. This means I won't sleep well tonight either, but what the hell.
- Did some work at this 'ere PC whilst listening to three favourite long tracks from 1974: Focus' Hamburger Concerto, Yes' The Gates Of Delirium and, of course, Kraftwerk's Autobahn. This to the most agreeable accompaniment of a glass of Lambrusco (*)
- Made a special dish called 'cheese under the grill', which I'll leave you to guess as to how it's made. Another glass of Lambrusco went with this.
- Whilst I was enjoying this, I paid my nightly visit to b3ta (Warning! some content NSFW!) and found that I had been honoured with a coveted position on the front page; my first since I made my first contribution over two years ago. And I did it with a repost of an image I made last year, too! (†)
So, that was my day...how was yours?
* I had the same problem remembering what the stuff was called as I referred to here a little while back. I had remembered that, when I was in my previous job (prior to signing away my life with the Depratment), we had had a little send off for the boss, who was moving to a job in London. We'd got in some nice fizzy white wine from M&S, and I spent ages trying to remember what it was called. It would have been easier had I not convinced myself that it began with a 'C'...
† It won't be there for ever. This is how it looks as I type this:
My image is on the left in the middle, and was an entry in the current competition to invent cases of inappropriate product sponsorship. Here it is in its full glory: